This Strategic Plan builds on the work and achievements of Wild Scotland to develop and lead the sector, and seeks to further exploit key strengths:
- A loyal core membership.
- An established brand, widely recognised in the sector and government.
- A trusted brand, with a demonstrable commitment to responsible tourism through its Code of Practice.
- An impressive consumer reach of over 50,000 (2019) people in the UK and internationally, reached via targeted marketing campaigns highlighting Scotland and Wild Scotland members.
- An established and committed core staff and Board.
- Industry demand for appropriate business support, CPD and training.
- Industry demand for a representative body to ensure a balanced and sustainable approach to the development of the sector.